Thursday, September 4, 2014

Winter is coming

Well summer is almost over is everyone else as sad as I am? I DO NOT like cold weather and I feel like I was robbed out of a hot dry summer this year and last year. Where did Alabama summer's go? The garden is done for the year. Chicken hatching has wrapped up until the spring. It's almost time to say good bye to the pool for the summer....sigh.......Now we will be moving into winter mode at the Webb house fortunately for me I have HUB (my dad) who is a wood cutting machine and he already has us a full winter supply of wood for the cold days ahead so that part is done. Last year the heating part of our central unit went out so we decided to try heating using only wood heat it worked out well and you wouldn't believe the difference in out light bill so we are going to do it again this year. Winter also means deer season and that means stocking up our freezer with deer burger, steaks, roast and tenderloins that will last us until next deer season. This year we used deer burger in all of our hamburger meat recipes and saved big time on our grocery bill. Now that we are used to eating the deer burger the hamburger meat seems to greasy to us so we have almost completely stopped eating it. We bartered some chickens this summer for a deer this season so we have to make sure we get Joe his deer to him first before we start stocking up but with 3 hunters in the family that shouldn't be hard. Since I will be cooped up all winter I am setting a goal for myself to learn 3 things that I really want to learn how to do but I don't have the patience for 1. Crocheting I have tried this before but I just can't get the hang of it so I'm gonna give it another go. 2. Quilting  one of my dear friends taught me how to do a quilt top (Thanks Tammie) but I never finished quilting it or putting a bottom cover on it so I want to finish that this winter 3. Sewing on my machine I know how my machine works but I cant for the life of me follow a pattern and actually sew something. If I can learn these 3 things over the winter and kill a big buck (HeeHee) my goals will be complete. Winter will come wether I like it or not those long dark cold rainy days will be here before we know it. So enjoy what few days of summer that are left I know I will.

Until Next Time
XOXO
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Michelle. Once again I enjoyed your blog. Very down to earth. Thanks

    ReplyDelete