Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Crock Pot Berry Cobbler

Hey lovelies how are yall today? I hope everyone had a great weekend mine was awesome, but maybe a little too short but aren't they all really? So this weekend we picked some blueberries out of the orchard so I figured it was a good time to make the hubs favorite dessert Crock Pot Berry Cobbler this cobbler is always a hit at the family get togethers so I thought I would share the recipe with yall. So without further ado :).
I put all kinds of berries in mine whatever I have on hand. I had some strawberries that I froze when our strawberry patch was booming then I had the fresh blueberries and some blackberries and raspberries that I had frozen. The original recipe calls for 2 bags of frozen fruit but I put a little more in mine because the husband loves him some fruit.
Ok now you need to get your trusty crockpot out and spray some cooking spray inside the bowl.
I always do my filling first, get your fruit and add 2/3 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of Bisquick. Mix it all together and put it in your crock pot.
Now you want to mix your topping to go on your fruit you will need 2 1/4 cup of Bisquick 1/4 cup of sugar 4 tablespoons of melted butter or margarine and 1/2 a cup of milk add all these ingredients together in your bowl to make a dough.
Take your dough mixture and pull apart with your hands and add pieces to the top of your fruit like this.
 
Now you want to sprinkle some cinnamon and sugar on top of that dough I use 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and 1/4 cup of sugar. Now that's going to seem like a lot of cinnamon and sugar but use it all. Cook for 4 hours on high or until your dough is cooked and your fruit is boiling.
Your finished product should look something like this.
If yall try this recipe let me know how it turned out for you or if you have any questions feel free to ask. The original recipe is a Paula Dean recipe that I got off the internet. So I can't take the credit for this awesomeness that is Crock Pot Berry Cobbler but it's a winner at the Webb house.
Until next time
XOXO
Michelle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment